Cannabidiol has been growing in popularity for the last several years, but research indicates that vaping CBD is the most efficient way to ingest it
Cannabidiol or CBD has quickly become one of the preferred treatments for many ailments ranging from pain relief to inflammation. It’s first necessary to understand precisely what CBD is before passing any judgments, as it doesn’t contain any of the psychoactive substances that cause weed to get you high. What’s left is a substance that has all of the noted medical benefits of cannabis without the added effects. The removal of most of the THC makes CBD the perfect choice for children or adults who prefer not to get high. But since CBD is innately tied to marijuana, there are still many out there who would deny its obvious benefits.
It’s easy to understand why so many people are interested in CBD once you take a look at the laundry list of ailments that CBD can supposedly mitigate or cure. Cannabidiol has been known to be prescribed by physicians for depression, schizophrenia, arthritis, and even diabetes. It’s even been shown to help with infections that are resistant to traditional forms of antibiotics. But what is the best way to ingest CBD? It turns out that the answer is none other than vaping it!
Why Vape CBD?
When you take CBD orally, either through capsules or edibles, you’re only getting about 15% of the potential CBD into your bloodstream. The term used to describe the effectiveness of the body in ingesting something is called bioavailability. This means that only around 15% of the desired substance is used to improve health, while the other 85% mostly goes to waste. This is primarily because substances ingested orally have to pass through the liver before making it into the bloodstream. It’s during this time that a majority of the active ingredients are stopped by the liver, rendering the CBD weaker.
Alternatively, vaping cannabidiol is exceptionally efficient. This is because the process of vaporizing allows users to bypass the liver entirely, which is the main culprit of reducing bioavailability. Thanks to this you can expect to receive as much as 60% of the active CBD compared with the 15% for orally ingested. Bolstering this increase in efficiency is the fact that vaping CBD also allows it to take effect much faster than the pill counterparts. Giving you the desired result quickly is not only good because it offers swift relief, but also because it leads you to spend less money over time.
A 22-page report called Understanding CBD took an in-depth look at how making a switch to Cannabidiol products had changed patients lives. After surveying over 2,400 users, they noticed several exciting patterns. The most significant of these was that a remarkable 42% of those surveyed had completely stopped using another prescription medication, such as painkillers, after starting on a course of CBD. Even among those who didn’t experience that high a level of improvement, the CBD was still appreciated, with a full 80% of participants saying they found the Cannabidiol to be either “very effective,” or “extremely effective” at improving their symptoms.
The study also reported what ailments were being addressed with the CBD. They found that anxiety and sleeping disorders were the most common issues at 68% and 66% of participants respectively. Interestingly, only 50% of participants said they preferred CBD products that still contain THC. This shows that the people taking and benefiting from CBD are not exclusively made up of those who also enjoy getting high. Cannabidiol is a legitimate medicine with a wide range of applications.
CBD is a popular new-age treatment right now. When you take a look at all of the things it can help with it’s easy to see why. While taking it orally, in a capsule or edible, will certainly get the job done, the best way to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck is to vape your CBD. By bypassing the liver, vaping your CBD is over four times more efficient than eating it. It’s also the fastest way to get relief, taking as much as an hour less than edibles to work. Both of these will decrease the amount you have to use, which lowers your overhead. There’s plenty of reason to make the upgrade and start vaping your CBD today.
Have you ever tried CBD? Did you feel like it was doing the intended job? Do you think it’s worth it to vape CBD for the extra potency and reduced time? Let us know in the comments below.