In 2018 new FDA regulations on vaping will cause the destruction of the industry as we know it. If the current Trump administration does not step in the were be crippling consequences for those who trying to avoid cigarette smoking. This is serious and it is not over exaggerated. There is an urgent call for help to repeal these unfair regulations.
What might you expect in 2018 if nothing happens:
- Vapers can expect to see fewer local shops in their neighborhoods
- Internet shops will also likely disappear without warning
- Manufacturers will be forced to pay hefty PMTA (Pre-Market Tobacco Application) fees between $350,000 – $1 million for each and every new brand placed on the market
- Retailers will be forced to release advanced technology at a much slower pace because of the hefty PMTA fees
- Expect very limited selections and many of your favorites will instantly disappear both online and in local vape shops
- Prices of both e-liquids and vaping technology will rise because the PMTA fees will be passed onto the consumer
Just why is the FDA charging ahead with this legislation that goes against countless studies showing vaping is a better alternative to smoking? It is seen as a gateway to smoking for teens but this is false. In fact vaping does not lead to increase in teen smoking rates it shows the direct opposite to be true. Vaping is not a gateway, it’s more of a roadblock and this couldn’t come at better time.
These research findings were published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, and Forbes Magazine. They have been ignored by the FDA and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The FDA and CDC are agencies that should be promoting vaping as an alternative to smoking. Unfortunately, they are in fact they are going to possibly bankrupt the industry if they succeed with these regulations going into effect in 2018.
The person caught in the crossfire is the vapor who is trying to limit their exposure to toxic chemicals and also gets grief about vaping in public and is already facing struggles even before 2018 due to the carelessness and narrow minded FDA and CDC. Vaping is not the same as smoking cigarettes and those who still think this after reading the overwhelming scientific evidence is just plain wrong.
The loss of jobs, and closure of shops will hurt communities. Having limited choices for vaping, including products and accessories will all but force some to return to the dangers of cigarette smoking. It is not the desired outcome of the medical community nor those who have already quit. Another unintended consequence is this will drive many users to black market who feel they have no choice but to do so.
This is forced negligence by our government officials. The only hope is that the FDA will be stopped in its tracks and that a fair balanced policy will be put in its place. This must be stopped and everyone is encouraged to reach out to their representatives to voice opposition. Another effective way to defeat this is to get involved with one of the many national vaping organizations leading the fight. If there was ever a time they needed help, it is now.